18 Steps to Buying a Home - A step by step guide
Thursday Jan 21st, 2021
If you are looking to buy a house, following this step by step guide will help you during the process and eliminate home-buying mistakes.
1) Look for a real estate agent to help you through the maze.
2) Interview real estate agents. Set appointments with agents to find out if they have the skills, services and professional attitude you’re looking for.
3) Discover if the agent is working “for” you or “with” you... Are you a client or a customer?
4) Clarify your wants and needs to your agent...Let them know your objectives and timetable.
5) Have the agent help you establish your purchasing power...This will include getting pre-approval.
6) Select the best three to five properties to see.
7) View each property objectively following the “Simple 3-Step” approach.
8) Write the offer to purchase.
9) Have your agent present your offer ASAP...Time is of the essence.
10) Handle all counter offers and negotiations with a win/win attitude...BIG Picture Mentality.
11) Avoid “Second Guessing Syndrome”...also known as “Buyer’s Remorse”. Almost EVERYONE gets it at some point in time. Let it pass.
12) Finalize any loan details to get final approval. If you haven’t been pre-approved, you need to get the ball rolling NOW!
13) You or your agent may need to order title insurance from the company of your choice.
14) Any inspections that need to be addressed should be done in a timely fashion.
15) Address snags and problems as part of life. Keep focused on your goals.
16) Do a “final walk-through” prior to closing.
17) Show up early to closing with all necessary items from your closing checklist.
18) After closing, keep in contact with your agent. They want to assist you with questions, concerns and problems whenever you have the need!
If you have any questions about buying a home in Toronto or in the GTA, get in touch :)